Belgium > Headquarters Zaventem
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an exciting time for our company! We are in full transition from a European leading service provider of airport equipment solutions to a global leader.
As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for end-to-end sourcing of products and services which are essential to our operations. In addition, you will be responsible for all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost-saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives.
For this position, we are eager to find a highly motivated professional with excellent negotiating skills who loves a fast-paced environment and international contacts. You learn fast.
WHERE YOU’LL CREATE THE MOST IMPACT
- Define the sourcing and procurement vision and strategy in line with our business strategy, implement actions to ensure that our goals are achieved
- Assess current procurement practices, effectively apply strategic sourcing methodologies and identify opportunities for cost-reduction
- Negotiate with and contract suppliers, hereby optimize the total cost of ownership
- Develop strong, functional relationships with key suppliers.
- Ensure proper control and consistent application of Procurement best practices
- Challenge suppliers and internal customers to identify and implement innovative designs, value-add specification changes, concepts, and materials.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals, and improvement initiatives
- Perform annual analyses to evaluate overall cost savings after implementation of new strategies
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- To be considered for this Procurement Manager role you will have profound knowledge of sourcing and procurement and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience (10 years) in worldwide sourcing of equipment, spare parts, and services
- Since we operate in a technical environment, you have a degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent by experience
- You have a strategic vision for the long-term growth and development of the procurement function
- You are a hands-on, results-oriented, and quality-driven person with outstanding analytical skills
- You are talented in negotiating, influencing, and building relationships.
- You are very switched on and have a focus on getting things done.
- You are a team player with the capacity to work independently when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Solid judgment with the ability to make good decisions
- A top international team where we live by our company values
- A company where our employees are central to the success of the company
- With us, it's all about fun and passion!
- Fun team activities - today online but as soon as possible in real life again. We also enjoy drinks on Thursdays!
- An environment where you can develop and grow
- Easily accessible by public transport & by car
- A competitive salary
Contact Person: Laura Ceulemans
Apply for this job