USA > Detroit Chicago Newark
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an exciting time for our company! A lot of work is about to get done as the company scales. We are in full transition from a European leading service provider of airport equipment solutions to a global leader. This brings challenges from a strategic, commercial and organizational point.
You will be the main contact person for Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability (OHSE-S) in the US. In close collaboration with the Operations Director, you will bring TCR’s Safety Culture to the best in class in the GSE industry, reducing injuries and incidents of our people and with our GSE.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated and adaptable expert with excellent communications skills, who excels at working together with colleagues at TCR US and other colleagues in local entities or group headquarters. This role can be located in Detroit, Chicago, or Newark.
WHERE YOU’LL CREATE THE MOST IMPACT
As a member of the OHSE & Sustainability department,
· You will drive the safety culture change and safety improvement project for the entity
· You will bring your expertise into TCR US’s management system
· You will follow-up of relevant legal requirements and ensures TCR US complies with these requirements
· You will ensure follow-up of the day-to-day within your area of responsibility
· You will be the key contact person for Group OHSE - S questions and prepare entity OHSE-S and ESG reporting and administration
· You will ensure implementation of Group OHSES standards and guidelines
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· Has experience in the OHSES field
· Has profound knowledge of the relevant US legislation (OHS, Environmental, …)
· Has experience with maintaining OHSE management systems (preferably experience with ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 management systems as well).
· Has an OHSE / operational background, preferably in a workshop, industrial or construction environment
· Is positive and proactive, bringing drive and passion into the job
· Hands-on and self-starting: you go on the floor, solve safety issues with the teams, coach people, where you lead by example
· Is a team player, who loves to work with people and gives a clear personal touch to his human relations
· Has excellent leadership skills: facilitating teamwork, communicating the vision, managing change, managing conflict, directing others, motivating others
· Is able to work autonomously
Universal Drive 12401